Skip to main content

All Aboard the Polar Express


We took Henry to Branson for a little Christmas fun the week before Thanksgiving. He loves Dolly Parton and the books he got from her in the mail each month for the first five years of his life. It was like a farewell event for us to go to the Dixie Stampede as the last book arrived for his 5th birthday the following week. We loved Imagination Library. It was a treat each month and I honestly think it has helped cultivate his love for books.


The main reason we took him to Branson was to ride the Polar Express. He knew nothing about it. We surprised him with these pajamas and told him to put them on. He was very confused because we had not even eaten supper yet and we were in the truck in the mall parking lot. We told him to look out the window at the train on the tracks. We told him then. In true Henry fashion, he got a bit anxious, but he was speechless and in awe for a few minutes. He could not express his excitement because it was just too much!
 We boarded the train with all the other pajama wearing children and were thrilled to get out of the cold. It was a perfect setting for the Polar Express ride...cold, dark and festive decor everywhere.
We got into our train car and located our table. It was perfection. The movie soundtrack was playing and the waitress was going around reading the book to everyone. Henry yelled, "I have that book! I know it". He could not take it all in fast enough. The decor on the train car was precious and the scenes out the window were cute too.


The train conductor came to check for our tickets. We had them ready to be punched!

Here he is punching an H on Henry's ticket. He told him to hang on to it and not let the hobo get it. The hobo came into our train car twice trying to find loose tickets. That was a bit much, but cute too.

Henry was watching the elves at the North Pole and spotted Santa. It was big time excitement in that train car, as you can imagine.


And then Santa appeared in our train car! It was the most magical Christmas moment in the history of Henry's life...and possibly ours too. He was perfect the perfect Santa, in every way.


This picture is my favorite. Henry's excitement and awe. Santa was telling him he has really grown since last year. He was a lot taller and he knew he was acting good and minding his parents and teachers. He reminded him to keep being good and he would get his Case truck for Christmas. He then gave him a bell from his sleigh. I loved this Santa. That blue inside his suit is a nativity scene. As he left our train car, he looked back and told everyone to remember the reason for the season and opened the side of his suit jacket to show the nativity. It was beautiful.

I videoed it all but Blogger is so slow on uploading videos, I did not have the patience to sit here and let it load. Come see me sometime and I'll show you the videos :)



There was nothing more magical than this night. We had the best time and we were now all ready for Christmas. Henry also sat in Santa's lap at the Bass Pro Shop and for the first time in his 6 Christmas', did not cry and actually gave Santa his list. It was a big trip for Henry and we are so glad we had the opportunity to take him. It is a fun, magical age and there were very few tickets left for the week we went. This train was sold out all but 3 nights from then until Christmas. We were thrilled to get to go and make some precious memories that will last a lifetime.



Abby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Pedicure Pledge

Just a friendly reminder, it's that time of the year again. Please raise your big toes and repeat after me: As a member of the Sandal Sisterhood, I pledge to follow The Rules when I wear sandals and other open-toe shoes: I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps. I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe. I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow. I will shave the hairs off my big toe. I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there. If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back in to place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it. No matter how much it hurts. I will