Skip to main content

"Have We Got A Party For You"....Henry turns 5.


I love that God blessed us with this special guy 5 years ago. We celebrated him in December, but I am still in catch up mode. We have had some fun parties  and birthday fun with Henry Patton.

  This is what 5 looks like...welcome to 5, Henry! 

When you turn 5 you need big boy clothes...so he got his first Under Armour hoodie so he can look like the big kids at Valley View. Bless it.

 And when you turn 5 you get your first big boy Bible. This is the coolest Bible too. It is leather and the illustrations are the movies we watch....it is Bible perfection for Henry.


Blowing out his candle before school in his cool, 5 year old way. I love celebrating this guy.

 All ready and excited to take Smurf cupcakes to pre-k in his new hoodie as a 5 year old. It was a pretty rocking morning in Henry's world.

 He wanted a VeggieTales party at Pump it Up. So, I had the cutest cake made. He helped pick it out and design in. It tasted like wedding cake. It was an amazing cake, inside and out. It better have been....because it was not cheap.  I loved the bakery because it is all nut and allergy free so our friends with peanut allergies got to eat cake at our party this year. It was worth it just to see those excited little guys learn they could have cake!

 All ready to greet his friends at his party.

In true Abby fashion, I brought my own partyware for the place to use in lieu of theirs. Those girls there helped me make it just perfect. I had to order the balloons online and have them blown up in town. Henry loved them though and they stayed blown up until after Christmas!

The cutest crew in town, right here. We loved having church, school and neighborhood friends all join us to celebrate Henry. He sure is a blessed and loved little guy.


Blowing out his birthday candles and ready to eat cake and open presents!

 Silly and tired children about to head home. We had his party on a Tuesday night, a school night. It was the perfect time and we had a good turn out because it was a week night and supper time. And...it was on his actually birthday too!


I am so grateful for this healthy, happy, smart, witty, loving boy of ours. We are excited about another year with him. We had such a fun time celebrating him, Veggie style.

Abby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Scavenger Hunt Answers

I know this is more than just my blog. But today I am going to hijack it to play in a scavenger hunt with the preachers wife and her friends. I'm going to answer some questions and hope to win!!!!!!! The Treasures 1. My name is Julie. I also go by Jules, Julia, Ju , and I will soon be called JuJu by Henry, my nephew to be! 2. I live in Arkansas and always have but have only lived in Lincoln county for three years. 3. My wonderful hubby is the Pastor of our church. How about that for a lofty title! 4. I have already answered this question in #2, but we have been at this church for three years (well, three years and 15 days!) 5. Yes, I have children. The lights of my life, the laughter in my soul, the stealers of my sanity are Samuel who is 12, David who is 8, Daniel who is 8, and Anna Kathryn who is 5. 6. We have been married for 16 years, and have lived in seven different houses. Not bad for being in the ministry! But have served at 2 churches for 5 years each! 7. I cook Sunday