Skip to main content

We Faired Well


The White County Fair in Searcy on Moster Truck night is a tradition for we 3 Lee's. It's a 1hour 20 min drive for us. Randall's plane from Iowa landed in Jonesboro around 5:00 and we ran home for him to change his clothes....he picked his best redneck shirt for the occasion to ensure he fit in real good. That's my man! LOL . We rolled in right as it started, after stopping off at the Bulldog in Bald Knob for supper, of course. 


This guy was more into the rides than the monster trucks this year. He was so fun to watch. Everything was exciting to him. I love living life through him sometimes. Oh, to be a child. 


Dude would not ride this last year and this year he took the front seat with a smile. So cute! 


He smiled the entire ride and put his hands in the air and everything. We got such a joy out of watching him. 


When Henry walked up the steps to that slide and went down by himself I shed a tear. Crazy, I know. This boy is blooming right before my eyes in so many areas. It's overwhelming at times. His daddy and I are so proud of how brave he has become. 



We always take a selfie at the a White County Fair and usually in the petting zoo for some reason. We love seeing "Llama Llama red pajama" each year. It's a book we have read since he was 2. I love that he will always think of that book everytime he sees a llama for the rest of his life. He's my funny boy. 



What's a visit to the fair without seeing someone you know! We ran into a sweet friend of my mother-in-love's and Julie's boys former Sunday School teacher while living in Augusta. We love Tammy and her crew. Henry had scored a Gideon Bible and was showing it off. I loved this picture. 

          ----------------------------------------------------------------

And then we faired it up in Jonesboro with friends the following week at the NEA District Fair


Quinn and Henry buddied up for Buddy night. Quinn is 8 and so sweet to Henry. Henry loves him. We go to church together and his parents are good buddies of ours. James and Emily had extra passes and invited us to go with them.  Randall was shelling corn in East Tennessee that night so we faired on without him. 


This is what we saw all night.... Hand in hand. Precious. We couldn't keep up with them! 


Henry said this was his favorite ride of the night. They laughed so hard and smiled the whole time. 


I loved this because Henry wanted to do bumper cars at the a White County Fair but no one else was in line. Pure excitement to get bumped by Quinn. He laughed so hard. 


I still laugh with snort and all when I see this picture. James and I had to ride the big Ferris wheel with the boys.  (Emily couldn't ride with him because she's having a baby! ) So, in true Lee/Adair fashion, we cut it up the entire ride. We sent this to Randall and he sent us a picture from his combine. Emily was on the ground acting like she didn't know us. I love having Jesus-loving friends with a large sense of humor. 

Oh but these guys.... They were the best part of that Ferris wheel ride. They loved being high over the midway. They said the ride wasn't long enough. The good ones never are. 

Emily snapped this of us before we got off. Such fun. 


We faired so hard we wore her out. I told her earlier that day I keep forgetting she's pregnant! Lol.  I'm so excited for my friend. 


Henry found the slide again at this fair and loved it. They went down it 4 times. Henry saw several new friends from school and it was cool to see how friendly and outgoing he is with all of them. I love this age because there is no bias, prejudice or inhibition. I wish it could always be like that. 


When you are at the fair calories don't count. My swollen hands told me different the next day, but it was worth it! My daddy always bought me a carmel apple at the fair so I took this to send to him. He loved it. I have great fair memories with my daddy. 


Feeding the animals carrots in the petting zoo. Henry was so funny to watch. He had never done that before. Quinn helped him use all his carrots. We would have been there until breakfast if not. He fed  "llama llama red pajama"  the last of his carrots and that made him happy. 


We are so glad they asked us to go with them to the fair. Henry will have great memories of the fair now because of Quinn. I enjoyed laughing on a Monday night with friends and watching our boys have fun. 


This guy talked me into paying to play a game before we left. I started feeling bad about him not ever experiencing it. So I caved.  The lady tried to keep my change and when I called her out on it she awarded Henry with this little ole Nemo instead of the big prize he probably should have won. I reminded him that this is why we don't pay to play the games. Ha! He loved it though just like it was a giant Nemo, so that's all that matters. 


 I went with $55 to the fair that night and came home with $1.50. I have no idea how people with more than 1 child afford the fair. The excitement on their faces, dirty hands, sweaty heads and muddy feet and fair stories for days make it worth every dime though. 

....And just like that we enjoyed our fair season. It's always a fun way to usher in fall. 

Abby Jo 
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blind Date & Leaving Comments

8 years ago today I met this sweet man in the picture above. We met on a blind date in the Bluff City (aka- Memfrica). He and I were simply going out to shut up his stepmother and my sister, who had decided that we were meant to be together from one simple fridge photo and a dog named Abby. Little did we know they would be able to pat themselves on the back for the rest of their lives . I am so glad we both agreed to go out for that one date on New Years Eve 2001 because I have had him in my life everyday since that crazy night at my cousin Hollye's back door when he arrived to pick me up to find a baby on my hip that he thought was mine. I remember those beautiful blue eyes and how they about popped out of his head as he stood at the door wondering why no one had mentioned my child. That baby on my hip was Claire. She was 1 then and had just gone number 2 in her diaper right before he rang the bell. She had Styrofoam all over her and me from playing in Christmas boxes. Needless t

All Aboard The Birthday Polar Express

  Can you believe Henry Patton will be 4 years old tomorrow?! Neither can we. We celebrated his birthday last weekend with his first all boy party, polar express style. I had so much fun preparing for it, as you can probably tell! My mother who is never at a loss for words said it looked like Polar Express threw up in my house. She was SO right and we loved it! We had a breakfast pajama party with 7 three and four year old boys. It was such a fun time.   I had his pajamas monogrammed with a train and his name. He loved them and I liked how they sort of looked like the ones on the movie. Henry loved all the bells I had everywhere. There is no doubt we believe at this house. We had the jingle loud and proud!   I had his invitation made from a shop on Etsy and I was very pleased with them. One of his little friends came to the door ready for me to punch his ticket. It was so cute. I ran to get a hole punch and punched it for him. Every good party has to have go

Scavenger Hunt Answers

I know this is more than just my blog. But today I am going to hijack it to play in a scavenger hunt with the preachers wife and her friends. I'm going to answer some questions and hope to win!!!!!!! The Treasures 1. My name is Julie. I also go by Jules, Julia, Ju , and I will soon be called JuJu by Henry, my nephew to be! 2. I live in Arkansas and always have but have only lived in Lincoln county for three years. 3. My wonderful hubby is the Pastor of our church. How about that for a lofty title! 4. I have already answered this question in #2, but we have been at this church for three years (well, three years and 15 days!) 5. Yes, I have children. The lights of my life, the laughter in my soul, the stealers of my sanity are Samuel who is 12, David who is 8, Daniel who is 8, and Anna Kathryn who is 5. 6. We have been married for 16 years, and have lived in seven different houses. Not bad for being in the ministry! But have served at 2 churches for 5 years each! 7. I cook Sunday